Thursday, April 2, 2015

Time

Day two of my challenge hasn't gone quite like I hoped. My knee has been hurting all day, so I didn't walk. My doctor once told me that if something hurts, you shouldn't keep doing what makes it hurt, so I'm taking his advice and resting it. I really need to see a doctor about my current knee situation, but I'm worried they'll say I need surgery. I'm training for a 10K. Knee surgery would definitely set back my 10K training. I also haven't had time yet to get much reading, or knitting or crocheting in.

Setbacks will come, but I am fighting against the instinct to quit entirely. It's funny how fear/dislike of failure can make me want to avoid something entirely. But, I have been told I can be pretty stubborn, so I'm going to dig into that part of myself and keep going. I'll rest tonight and walk tomorrow night.

Another challenge I'm running up against with my challenges is time. I regularly watch a lot of TV shows. So many, that my DVR is in a constant state of flux; if I don't watch my shows, I run out of room for new shows -- A vicious cycle. But, my goals are definitely going to have an impact on my TV time. I'm going to have to let go of some shows. And somehow, re-train my brain to be happy about it.

I have practiced Lent for many years. Giving up things I enjoy isn't really a foreign concept to me. But, deciding which shows to back-burner is pretty painful.

There are a couple that are absolutely safe:
Agents of SHIELD
Arrow
The Flash
Broadchurch
Orphan Black
Scandal
Masterpiece
Young and Hungry
The Mindy Project
Elementary
Madam Secretary
Once Upon a Time ( I just can't give up on  this show)

Then, there are my on the fence shows:
Nashville
Chicago Fire
Gotham
Revenge
Secrets and Lies
Sleepy Hollow
Scorpion
The Black List
The Americans
Supernatural
Homeland
Pretty Little Liars


Shows with strike-through have now been deleted and canceled from my DVR subscriptions. But, I feel like I should probably decrease by a couple more shows. I just don't want to lose anything else. (Note, these are shows that are currently airing or I have stockpiled on my DVR. Shows not airing right now are out of sight, out of mind for the moment.)

Maybe, if I give up a couple more shows, I will have time to watch some of the massive amount of movies and shows I already own.



BEDA Tracker:
4/1/15
4/2/15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]