Thursday, April 9, 2015

Singing


This picture was taken about eight or nine years ago. I was at a church choir retreat and we had a little talent show. I was in a group with two wonderful ladies (and amazing singers!). We sang Cattanooga Choo Choo in the style of The Andrews Sisters. It was a really fun performance, and learning the song was pretty challenging. Tight trio harmony is always harder for me to learn than the typical SATB stuff. But that generally means I have a better time with the song once I get it. I haven't been in a singing group in a while and I really miss it. Today, I was listening to the Broadway Cinderella soundtrack. There is something really inspiring about listening to great singers. Laura Osnes and Santino Fontana are two of my favorites. I wish I could have seen them perform it live. I guess today's post isn't really going anywhere. But it is probably a good indication that it has been too long since I was in a music group. I really need to remedy that.


BEDA Tracker:
4/1/15   4/6/15
4/2/15   4/7/15
4/3/15   4/8/15
4/4/15   4/9/15
4/5/15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to add an image? Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]